Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Things I can afford that the middle class cannot: absolution

Newton proved that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. In human interaction one can take this to mean that for every negative action there is an equally negative reaction. He was wrong. For my actions are impervious to negative reactions. Whether they be from jealous subordinates, ex-wives, spiteful step-children or flea infested beggars, the bitter epithets spit from the mouths of the weak mean nothing to me.

I've been called many things in my life. Most of the time they're complimentary - great, intelligent, hard-working, savvy, handsome, humble, asshole- but on rare occasions they're not. I've been called a jerk, an arrogant buffoon, a pompous blowhard, an insufferable git, and a dad. However, such insults don't bother me.

Why not?

Because when you are as rich and powerful as I, you don't need anyone. And if you don't need people it doesn't really matter what the hell they think. Therefore, G. Glen Ross does whatever the hell he pleases.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you don't need people, why do you have a blog?