Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Whatever It Takes

As we head into yet another election and are bombarded with the naive hopes and ideals that the left so ignorantly clings to, I can't help but think of that most famous of phrases spoken by our 35th President, John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Now it's not often I disagree with a fellow Harvard man, but I can think of no more silly of a proclamation than, "ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." Such nonsense might win elections and inspire hope among a nation, but will it take you swiftly up the corporate ladder? Only if you work in a non-profit.

But, Mr. Ross, I don't want to be poor, you say. You want the corner office, chauferred Cadillac, beach home and blonde bombshell on the side? Well I got news for you: Corporate America is a beautiful place, but it ain't no kindergarten. You think the corner office will just open her supple, sweet doors for you? Not a chance, sonny. To make it, you got to want it and hard work alone won't take you there. You're going to have to get dirty. You're going to have to do whatever it takes. And I'm going to show you how.

No comments: