Friday, May 23, 2008

Week in Review: 5/18-5/24

Well, here we are again. It never ceases to amaze me how time effortlessly slips through our fingers.

California Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage

Some folks are up in arms over this "landmark" decision. But I don't see why it's such a big deal. What man would want to marry a lesbian anyway? Heck, in many ways I think gays are lucky. You know how much money I'd still have if marriage was illegal?

Clinton wants to change the rules

Hillary wins a few states, continues to think her campaign is relevant, says that the delegates from Michigan and Florida should be counted. Of course, back in January when both candidates thought the states didn't matter she agreed with the DNC that the delegates should not be counted. And you know what? I'm starting to respect her dogged, single-minded, win-at-all-costs determination. Very Rossian.

American Idol crowns its victor

Thank God this show has ended. Mrs. Ross complains that I'm a workaholic. Well honey, what self-respecting man would want to come home to the garbage you insist on watching? However, I do find it interesting that more people voted for the two Idol candidates than did during the last Presidential election. Nothing makes me prouder to be a veteran and American.

No comments: