Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Things I can afford that the middle class cannot.

Tonight millions of poor souls will fall asleep to the daydreams of the things they'll buy and the places they'll go if they win the $230 million Powerball jackpot.

New cars, Prevost motor homes, mansions in Maui, yachts.

Student loans, medical bills, credit card debt, upside down mortgages.

Some will even try to bargain with God, promising to give half to charity and friends and family. Of course they'll start high, but that number will dwindle as they realize all of the other things they need.

Like little children waiting for the tooth fairy, they'll fall asleep with silly little grins spread across their worn out faces.

I cannot begin to describe how great it feels to bask in the knowledge that the only thing separating my dreams from reality is nothing. Whatever I want, I get. Whatever I can imagine, I do. That is without a doubt the best thing about not being middle class.

Imagine living a life where all your dreams lay beyond reach. What a nightmare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ass.